The Director of Music shall be a Christian with a United Methodist foundation who will serve as the source and inspiration of the entire music program so that God is worshipped and glorified. In order to fulfill this role in the congregation, the director must have the leadership and musical skills necessary to accomplish the total oversight and direction of the music program of the church (which includes choir, bell choir, and advising Praise Band).
Duties will include:
- Direct the adult Chancel Choir in worship and other service opportunities
- Hold adult choir rehearsals weekly and more often for special programs
- Direct the Chancel Choir for Christmas and Holy Week Cantatas/ services
- Enable selection and acquisition of music
- Schedule soloists or ensembles for worship and other settings.
- Direct the adult hand bell choir
Develop and build a strong system of support for the overall music ministry of the church.
- Provide for continued recruiting of participants for all music programs from both the congregation and community.
- Develop and maintain an informative and cooperative relationship with church teams, and the Board of Stewards.
- At the direction of the pastor, provide for assistance with musical selection and securing musicians for weddings, funerals and celebrations of life.
- Coordinate worship music with and supervise the church organist
- Plan for and organize concerts and other special music programs,.
- Look for opportunities to expand FUMC’s music program into the community
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 per year
Contact: Rev. Alex Lupo firstname.lastname@example.org